Saturday, January 12, 2013

Leon, the Flyer-Cat



My Master Leo da Vinci always dreamed of flying as the birds fly...he also has a mean sense of humor  as you can see, for it is I, Leon, who became his assistant, the one who tries out all his 'near impossible' inventions, and since I only weigh three pounds...not much different than some birds... he says, "You are ideal, my furry friend; set forth, leap and fly...I give you the ability to do it...plus a helmet, so you don't bust your noggin, if you tumble."

He speaks Italian...I won't try to speak that tongue...my rough tongue is for licking my fur and for lapping up milk. I do understand more than you might think. But after all, if I were to speak...my utterings would be in catspeak...that's what I am, you see; a feline juvenile or kitten...meow.



8 comments:

  1. Very cute :) From Indies Unlimited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jacquie, I'm glad you enjoyed this shorty story.

      Delete
  2. How adorable! My dear kitty needs some of those wings when she is trying to attack the reflection on the ceiling. Glad you posted on IU so I got to see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool, yes, that would help as long as there was a breeze blowing in through a window to help with the flying. Glad you liked it, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Just stopping by via Indies :) I've added your blog to my RSS reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jeri, we have similar names, mine is Jerriann. Thanks for add this to your RSS reader, I'll be posting more soon.

      Delete
  4. Lol. Yes, cute and funny... although that rough tongue needs to lick off a 't' somewhere in your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait...I see it! Lol, thanks, I read that 3 times before I saw the weight problem...so cool you noticed...maybe Leon is heavier than he thought! Problem fixed, though; the 't' ballast has been dropped, hopefully not spearing anyone as it fell.

      Delete