Saturday, July 7, 2012


            Heart Full of Hate
Why is it when we are children, and so young at heart;
Why do some of us have a childhood of being neglected?
Why are we abused, just because our Parent’s thoughts on a subject
Are often received, but for whatever reason, weren’t collected,
And when we didn’t do as they said to do, we are corrected;
To the child it just seems mean; a lot of yelling, cussing, hitting for what?
They never make it understood, except to say
 They told us and why didn’t we obey?
Being disobedient is a crime and it can reap severe punishment.
When a child received what they perceived as unfair punishment,
It brings anger, retaliation and resentment;
A child rebels and refuses to cooperate
It makes for a situation that gives leeway for a heart full of hate.

Do they not know how much we love them?
They will ask us if we love them;
Because we weren’t respectful
 And fought their attempt at correction;
They say we will ‘end up paying for much bigger sins,
Because if you start off young on the wrong foot,
You can only go downhill from there;
 Attitude will get you no where good, son.’
But do they ever take a look at them-selves?
Don’t they know to have respect given to them, it must be earned?
Sure they know it; they shove that rule in any misbehaving kid’s face
They want so much to put a kid in his or her place.
They only see faults in the child, never in them-selves.
They are the ones who don't open their eyes until it's too late.

No matter what they are trying to correct in the child
They are the role model the kid is meant to emulate;
And if they say, ‘eat your vegetables, but go on about hating greens’
What does that tell the child?
If it is all about the evils of smoking or drinking, but they do this;
Isn’t that just acts of confusion; if you preach it, then do it or shut up.
If you birthed a child at 15 years old,
 What message are you passing to that same child?
When you say, ‘no, don’t have sex so young;
 You’re not ready; don’t repeat the mistakes I did.’
Well, all the kid knows is ‘you did it and I am here;
And there you go saying I was a mistake?’
Their feelings hurt, feeling rejection; a heart full of hate.
They don’t see it was a bad arrangement of words;
It wasn’t that the child was a mistake
But that the steps to having the child was bad choices
In fact, usually made because their parents
 Tried to stop them from doing wrong;
And the kids will follow that train of thought with,
 ‘So why tell me anything; I’ll do as I please; it’s my body;
Hard headedness is a trait passed from parent to child.

The child can’t see the good points you make
Or why you are so frustrated;
They don’t realize you are upset
Because they want better for you;
But in fact most parents repeat
The same mistakes their parents did too.
One day, they will look in the mirror, and say;
 ‘Oh my God, I have sealed my fate.
No wonder my child grew up with a heart full of hate.’

Well this doesn’t just happen in America;
 Neglect and abuse of children goes on all over the world;
One day it will come to a screeching halt.
Parents will finally admit they did the things their parents did.
They never thought they would but the rebellious spirit puts them in those shoes;
Only if a child sees early on the truth and sets out to be different than others
Will the day come when they will find their children’s love is there?
And with it, respect for them, because they were fair,
And explained why any punishment had to be made,
 so that there wouldn’t be a misunderstanding.

For most, you best believe, and trust me;
If a child rebels it was due to anger earned;
 It is the parents at fault for not clarifying why
 The child should not do something or other.
Each set of parents reach a day
When they will take that final walk;
They won’t be able to say a word by then even if asked to talk.
So much about arguments is brought on by misunderstandings;
Before it’s too late, go to the Lord in prayer and ask forgiveness.
They should plead for the child to be relieved of that heart full of hate.
Only then can there be hope for families with grown children
Whose hearts are full of hate?
Don’t let it come to that; seek understanding.

I am a man who grew up with his heart filled with hate.
I thank God for great people who helped me change my fate.
I made a choice so long ago not to be like my Dad;
I said I would grow up to be nothing like the man;
He fathered me, but in most ways wasn’t a loving father;
Yes he and my mother brought me into this World.
I saw how cruel he could be to her, as well as any of her children;
I was the oldest of six; he made another family and six more kids;
I’m not sure he was any more loving to them than us;
It seems that way, but I know my daddy’s ways.
I think a man like that would find it hard to love anyone.

He taught me by his bad actions to be a more kind, concerned man;
I might get angry but I do my best to insure they understand I care.
 I will treat my Kids like they are angels every day that I can.
I will not let life go on, and they never see a loving Dad until its too late;
I Love them while they are young and they will know I always cared;
To me this matters more than anything else in life;
So I suggest to you, don’t wait;
Begin loving your children so that when they grow up
They know their own offspring is safe and will be treated well around grandpa;
Be sure they know exactly why you say ‘no, don’t’
And hold off on the abuse; it won’t help your case.
Remember anger only brings on the worst of feelings.
 I say this and I mean it with all my heart;
I refuse to let my Child grow up with a heart full of hate.
 JD Couch and Jerriann Wayahowl (7-4-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment